If you have any questions about the IMPACT project, the links between smoking and mental health, or how we can support your own practice, then please contact the IMPACT team at ASH Scotland.
Training events are currently held online.
IMPACT Guidance for support services about the effects of smoking on mental health.
The IMPACT guidance document is the core resource of the project and provides:
- Key information on the links between smoking and mental health
- Explanation of how smoking impacts on mental health medications
- A review of the role you can play as a worker or volunteer
- An introduction to the AID (ASK:INFORM
:DISCUSS) framework for positive approaches with clients
- Advice on helping people who want to stop smoking, including information on free support services and on electronic cigarettes
For more information about the IMPACT Project call ASH Scotland at
or contact us via this site:
8 Frederick Street
t: 0131 225 4725